My absolute favorite time of the year is finally here…football season! As a loyal Kansas City Chiefs fan, I get so many questions about what to do in Kansas City when you’re visiting for a game. Whether you are planning to stay a couple of days or are arriving a few hours before the game, I decided to put all of my recommendations in one place and create the ultimate guide on what to do in Kansas City. From where to stay near Arrowhead Stadium, what to eat and drink, and where to visit, you’ll find my favorite places in the post. There’s SO much to see and do in this vibrant and lively city that you’re not going to want to miss.
What to Do in Kansas City, Missouri: Where to Eat, Stay, and More
Best Places to Stay for a Chiefs Game
Kansas City offers a range of accommodation options to suit every budget and preference. Whether you prefer boutique hotels, historic inns, or contemporary luxury, here are some of my favorites to stay when you’re in town for a Chiefs game:
- The Loews: This hotel is my absolute fav in KC! The breathtaking views and lavish amenities at the Loews Hotel in Kansas City are truly remarkable.
- The Intercontinental at the Plaza: The Intercontinental has everything you could ask for when visiting Kansas City: a variety of dining options, a fitness center, a spa, and spacious rooms!
- The Fontaine: This upscale boutique hotel offers stunning views of the Country Club Plaza district. With elegant rooms and exceptional amenities, it’s perfect for a luxurious stay.
- The Raphael: This historic boutique hotel features both fine-dining restaurant and rooftop lounge.
- Airbnb: If you’re looking for a more homey experience or to host a large group, opt for a charming Kansas City house or apartment on Airbnb.
Best Places to Eat
When it comes to dining, Kansas City is known for its barbecue. While there’s no shortage of amazing BBQ joints to choose from, there’s so much more to explore beyond BBQ joints. Here are some must-visit dining destinations:
- Joe’s Kansas City Bar-B-Que: Joe’s is known for their Z-Man sandwich and exceptional ribs. Be prepared for long lines, but it’s worth the wait because the brisket is out of this world.
- McCormick & Schmick’s Seafood & Steaks: Whether you’re a seafood aficionado, a steak lover, or simply looking for an elegant dining experience in the Country Club Plaza area of Kansas City, McCormick & Schmick’s Seafood & Steaks is a great option!
- Q39: This modern BBQ joint elevates traditional BBQ with a contemporary twist. Don’t miss their signature dishes and creative cocktails.
- Eddie V’s Seafood: With its timeless ambiance, live jazz music, and impeccable service, Eddie V’s offers diners a truly memorable dining experience.
- Ocean Prime:With its impeccable service and an extensive wine list, this upscale seafood and steakhouse is a must-visit.
- Gram & Dun: From their famed “Chicken and Doughnuts” to mouthwatering steaks and inventive cocktails, you can’t go wrong with brunch or dinner Gram & Dun.
- The Capital Grille: Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or simply looking for a yummy meal, The Capital Grille has you covered with its friendly vibes and top-notch dining.
- True Food Kitchen: From nourishing bowls to inventive salads and fresh-pressed juices, True Food Kitchen is a place where wellness meets culinary innovation, making it a must-visit for those seeking delicious and health-conscious dining in Kansas City.
- Seasons 52: Seasons 52 is a dining gem known for its fresh and seasonally inspired cuisine. With a commitment to providing guests with a wholesome and balanced dining experience, Seasons 52 offers a menu that changes regularly to reflect the best flavors of each season.
Other Fun Places to Visit in Kansas City
- Watch a Game: You can’t come to Kansas City without catching a Chiefs game at Arrowhead Stadium! If you’re visiting outside of football season, head over to Kauffman Stadium to watch the Royals play baseball.
- Country Club Plaza: For a more leisurely activity, take a stroll through the Country Club Plaza. This upscale shopping district is full of beautiful Spanish-inspired architecture and charming fountains.
- Worlds of Fun: With a wide range of rides, roller coasters, and water attractions, KC’s amusement park, Worlds of Fun, is a perfect destination for both families and thrill-seekers.
- Union Station: This historic train station is not just a transportation hub but also home to science exhibits, a planetarium, and restaurants.
- Kansas City Zoo: The zoo has a diverse range of animals from around the world making it a fun and educational destination for families.
- American Jazz Museum: This is must-visit destination for jazz fans, featuring interactive exhibits, live performances, and a wealth of information on the history of jazz in America.
- Power & Light District: The Power & Light District is a vibrant and bustling entertainment and dining district located in the heart of downtown Kansas City, Missouri. It’s a great place to walk around and grab a drink.
If you’re heading to the City of Fountains, prepare to be charmed by the warm hospitality and vibrant culture of this amazing place! From the beautiful Arrowhead Stadium to watch the Chiefs play to the delicious bbq, I hope you love it as much as I do.