Staying healthy while traveling can be difficult. But, with a little bit of preparation and thought, it can be easier than you think. With lots of upcoming travel planned, including the Miss USA competition, I wanted to share my healthy tips and snacks for traveling that I always pack in my bag.
How to Stay Healthy while Traveling
- Drink lots of water – Staying hydrated can help you to avoid fatigue while traveling. I always carry a water bottle with me and make sure to drink a glass of water before traveling.
- Plan to move daily – When you’re out of town, it can be hard to stay in your normal workout routine. I encourage you to plan some form of daily exercise. It can be something as simple as walking to go get coffee or exploring the property you are staying at. You can also incorporate activities such as swimming in the pool or even visiting the hotel gym.
- Look at menus ahead of time if you plan on dining out – This will help you to find places that serve healthy AND delicious food.
Healthy Items to Pack
The key to staying healthy while traveling is being prepared. Most of these items listed below you can order on Amazon or pick up in person at a local store. They are also great to have on hand for daily use as well.
- Beekeeper’s Naturals Propolis Throat Spray & Brain Fuel
- AdvoCare Oasis Vitamin Packs
- RX Bars & Nut Butters
- Celsius individual packets
- Organic Dried Fruit & Nut Mix
- Brie’s Fit Protein Bars
- Eye Brightening Cream
- Zinc tablets
- Gin Gins (ginger chews)
- Sakara Chlorophyll Drops
- Sakara Life Source Powder
Looking for more health and fitness tips? Click here!
PS – Follow along on Instagram, @graciehunt, for more of my daily life and a behind the scenes look at being Miss Kansas USA!